Translate

Tuesday 24 September 2013

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS 3- WIGS (AGAIN)

 photo tumblr_m7ei12gN1N1qdlkyg_zps7b0d8fdf.gifWASSSSSSUUPPPPPP? photo tumblr_m7ei12gN1N1qdlkyg_zps7b0d8fdf.gif 
(I realised today that no ones said that for about 10 years and I'm bringing it back y'all)

OK so today I'm going to blog about wigs. AGAIN. My previous blog on wigs was one of my most popular so far, so I thought you might like to see the rest of my collection & hear about my recent fave discovery (clue- it's Geisha Wigs. They're very good.)

I'm going to start with the two beautiful wigs from Lockshop Wigs I didn't show last time as they were being loaned out for fancy dress purposes. As I previously stated, all the wigs I have bought from here have been wonderful and I absolutely adore them. The postage takes a while to the UK (I believe they are based in Holland) but it's totally worth the wait, trust.

This little silver number is one of lockshops mermaid range. The silver is no longer available but you can order the same style in lots of other lovely colours here. The first two pictures were taken before I had the wig styled, and the bottom 3 were after a trip to the hairdresser. As you can see the wig does not require much styling AT ALL- just a bit of bulk taken out the fringe. We've also decided that I can be Glacial Glow's official tribute act in this wig. I'm going to attend book signings and shop openings for her when she can't make it.

 photo tumblr_inline_mljg2vEENv1qz4rgp_zpse3dadac6.gif



THIS WIG DOES TANGLE. I have to brush it out with a soft brush before and after I wear it & store it really carefully. It's really worth the upkeep though as when I wear it I look like a mystical fairy princess. Or J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr.

 photo tumblr_inline_mi7t78vfmT1qdlkyg_zps6976c7f3.gif


This wig is one of the angelic range from lockshop. Again, the auburn is no longer available but there are other really pretty colours to pick from. I wore this wig once when I got it and I thought it looked really dumb on me, but I tried it on again recently and was all like 'WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING I LOOK AMAZING' and I twerked off into the sunset.



This wig didn't require any professional styling. I cut a little of the fringe off myself with a massive pair of kitchen scissors and it still looks fine. If I can cut it & have it still look ok, anyone can style it themselves. It's super easy to care for and doesn't tangle or knot easily. I'm really getting into lolita style (currently saving for my first brand op eeeeek) and this wig makes me feel super lolita and really pretty.


 photo tumblr_inline_mi7t78vfmT1qdlkyg_zps6976c7f3.gif

OK SO moving on to my first two ever purchases from Geisha Wigs. They are a UK based wig company I heard mentioned a few times on instagram and OH MY LORD I'M IN LOVE. Firstly, they're based in the UK so the postage is not completely brutal and secondly I WANT PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING IN THEIR SHOP. They have certain designs in stock which are posted within a few days, but anything else can be pre-ordered for delivery within a few weeks. I was so happy with my first two orders that I've already ordered another two from them.

This was the wig that jumped out at me and made me want to place my order. It's called Baby and is just the best colour ever. I got so many compliments when I first wore this! Everyone thought it was my real hair (even the people at work who know I wear wigs??) and I even got asked for a photo by a fashion student on the street. It's such a manageable length and easy to look after. I think it looks super cool when it's a little bit messy and I have ruffled it loads without causing any tangling.


This wig has been styled. It was perfectly wearable when I first bought it, but I loved it so much I just wanted to get it perfect. I had it trimmed slightly at the sides of the fringe as I found it a wee bit poofy, and had a little tiny bit of length taken out of the fringe. KAWAII DESU.

 photo tumblr_inline_mi7t78vfmT1qdlkyg_zps6976c7f3.gif

The second wig I purchased was Peachy Keen. It is perfect for wearing with dolly kei because it makes me look about 10 years old. It's such a cute colour and a very wearable, comfortable style. I think I may straighten it a little bit as the curls are a bit much for me on a day to day basis, but I totally love it. Again it was completely wearable when it arrived, but I chose to have the fringe trimed a little by my stylist.




 photo tumblr_inline_mo8az5qOjU1qz4rgp_zps8e805964.gif

WIG CARE TIPS


I store all my wigs in their original bags. I tuck the ends of the wig in safely and wrap the wig in a cap or netting to keep it in a tidy sphere before popping it back in its bag.

I wash my wigs after roughly every 7-10 wears (depending on how long and where it's been worn) in a sink filled with cold water and special synthetic hair shampoo. I swish it around a little bit, leave it to soak for a few minutes, then rinse out the shampoo by running the wig under the cold tap in the bath. I then hang it to dry. After it has stopped dripping a lay it down flat on a towel. NEVER brush wigs while they are wet- they will break and become damaged.

Most sites will tell you if it's possible to style your wigs with straightners or curlers. You can only do this if your styling implements have different heat settings as you need to style on a very low heat. Again, most sites will tell you the heat settings.

RIGHT that's all from me for tonight. I have some super cute plans for my next days off so hopefully I'll have something really fun to show you next time!

Speak soon guys!

Annabell xxx

OUTFIT

Shirt- sheinside
Pearl cat ears- Claires Accessories
Side bow jeans- eBay


 photo kaos-cactus03.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment