Translate

Sunday 8 September 2013

NAIL TUTORIAL- NAILED IT.

OHMIGOSH TWO posts in one day??! I must have a day off or something.

 photo Blathers_weee_zps31ed50fd.gif

I have the house to myself this eve as Andy is working nights, so while I was watching TV I thought I'd paint my nails... THREE TIMES. Just for you guys. ^_^ I did 3 really simple nail tutorials for (coincidently) the nail designs that always get the most comments when I'm out & got a lotta love on my nails-only instagram.



OK, so today I'm going to teach you guys how to do galaxy nails, leopard print nails & strawberry nails. They are all SUPER EASY & once the base colour is dry the details only take about 15 minutes. SO lets start with the easiest-

LEOPARD NAILS

 photo tumblr_inline_mksky0pepz1qz4rgp_zpsc0d15236.gif

You will need:
A white polish 
(I used OPI Alpine Snow)
A black polish 
(I used Barry M Black)
A base colour of your choice
 (I used OPI Kiss me on my Tulips)
A mixing palette
A dotting tool or toothpick
&
Some friends 
(I picked my Kapibarasan Montery Cheekswell & Kitty Chan)

Paint your nails in your base coat & let them dry.

Put a blob of white polish & a blob of black polish 
onto your palette and dip your dotting tool into the white.

Draw random ovals onto your nail. Not too many-
4 or 5 should do it. Then line the top and the bottom
of the ovals in black.

Fill in any spaces with little black dots or lines and
YOU'RE DONE!
How easy was that? Leave it as a feature nail
or cover them all. OR do every nail a different
colour to be maximum obnoxious.


STRAWBERRY NAILS


 photo tumblr_inline_mksky0pepz1qz4rgp_zpsc0d15236.gif

You will need:
A red or pink polish
(I used China Glaze Dance Baby)
A green polish
(I used Barry M 304 Mint Green)
A yellow polish
(I used Barry M 329 Ltd Edition Yellow)
A mixing palette
A dotting tool or toothpick
&
Some friends
(I picked Totoro & Tofu)

Paint your nails in your base colour and wait for them to
dry. Then take your green polish and paint three diagonal
strokes across the top. This was difficult to show in
photographs so I made a short clip. Excuse the lousy quality.
Don't apply the green too thickly. If it's thick it'll be more difficult
to get it precise. Instead, apply it thinly over each nail & then
go back and go over it again as many times as is necessary.

Next, put some yellow paint onto your palette & dip your dotting tool in.

Draw three dots down the centre of the nail. Although the dots may
look like a random pattern they're actually not- try and line your dots up
diagonally. This will look much more professional than just
placing random dots. The same applies if you're doing polkadot 
nails, too.

Repeat on all your nails until your hand is so kawaii you
can't even handle it.


GALAXY NAILS

 photo tumblr_inline_mksky0pepz1qz4rgp_zpsc0d15236.gif

You will need:
A black polish
(I used Barry M Black)
An electric blue shimmer polish
(I used OPI Swimsuit Nailed It)
A pink polish
(I used China Glaze Dance Baby)
A pale grey-green polish
(I used China Glaze Sea Spray)
A holographic glitter polish
(I used China Glaze Techno)
A small square cut from a make up sponge
&
Some friends
(I picked Love Hunter the arpacasso & Maman Primes)

Paint your nails black and wait for them to dry.

Next, paint some of your blue polish onto the make up
sponge and dab it all over your nails.

Your nails should now look like this. If they don't just give up
now, yeah?

Next, put some pink onto your sponge and dab it onto
your nails. Don't worry about waiting for the blue to dry as it's all
supposed to kinda swirl together. Don't dab the pink all over- just dab
a little patch here and there. Then do the same with your grey. Your 
nails should now look a little murky & bleugh.


DON'T PANIC THOUGH! A quick coat of your glitter polish
will sort that out. Now your nails look like tiny galaxies.
BEHOLD THE WONDERS OF THE UNIVERSE AT YOUR
FINGERTIPS.

Now go forth and paint your nails! If you have any questions or
if anythings unclear just leave me a message.

Speak soon!
Annabell xx

Supplies

All colours purchased from eBay.

 photo kaos-cactus03.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment