Translate

Thursday 26 September 2013

DECODO'S & DECODONT'S

AGH I HAD SO MUCH FUN TODAY! 

 photo tumblr_inline_mg60qg6ue81qdlkyg_zpsee7bed83.gif


Myself and Emily decided to dabble in the world of decoden and it was a beautiful, beautiful thing. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials for how-to decoden cases, so check 'em out if you'd like to have a go yourself. ^_^ I bought all my supplies from Candy Crystal on eBay- they have pretty much everything you need to DIY decoden EVERYTHING YOU OWN.

 photo tumblr_inline_mi7t7fVfXg1qdlkyg_zps4035cb8f.gif

Today I  made a case for my DS, and Emily made a photo frame. After searching decoden piping techniques on YouTube we decided to dive straight in and OH MY LORD piping was hard! I had the technique down but it was such a struggle to get anything out the bottle! The people on the tutorials didn't seem to have any issue with the silicone being too thick so I think it might've been the one we used which was the problem. Next time we're going to pick silicone up from a DIY shop instead of buying it online- I've been recommended 100% silicone sealant. I have amazing videos of us struggling with the decoden icing, but unfortunately they didn't load up correctly here :( I did post them on my instagram as well (@iloveannabell) if you fancy laughing at two ridiculously feeble girls.

Here are the pictures of our decoden creations being birthed. ENJOY!





Tiny kawaii icing poo



I could have just left it like this... NOPE GONNA PACK
TINY SWEETS INTO EVERY POSSIBLE GAP.

Emily's weak icing techniques make Molang cry.





We only stopped after these two because we ran out of silicone. Next week we're restocking and doing loads more. MOST FUN EVER! 

All you need to make your own decoden items is silicone, a piping nozzle, a selection of cabochons (or even small toys) and a surface. Decoden items are fairly expensive to buy and it's so enjoyable making your own that I recommend y'all go out immediately and try it. This is defs my new favourite kawaii past time. ^_^

Check you later, future decoden kings and queens!

Annabell 
xxx


 photo kaos-cactus03.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment