Translate

Friday 20 September 2013

BUILD A BLYTHE

HOWDY HEY AND HIYA!

 photo tumblr_me96o3qvVi1qdlkyg_zps974ed96e.gif


I hope you've all been well during my uneventful absence. Have you been doing anything exciting? I've mainly been having a VERY prolonged head cold, doing housework, posting eBay sales and eating Oreos after finding out that OREOS ARE VEGAN! Best news ever. I also finally got my ear sorted out on Tuesday and can hear again after 3 WEEKS of being partially deaf. It was not fun let me tell you. BUT NOW I'M BACK!



After getting my ear sorted I went to visit with my wonderful seamstress friend Naomi as we had a sewing date. We'd decided to go through some of Naomi's scrap pieces of fabric & make a dress for one of my Blythe dolls whilst we had a cup of tea and a natter. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I chose to take one of my favourite Blythes, Pika Pika- a Nicky Lad that Andy bought me from Junie Moon in Tokyo. We decided to make her something ridiculously pink as I usually dress her in a more classic lolita style and we thought it was about time she branched out.


You can see where this is going.

OK so just for the record I CANNOT SEW. I have no idea how to make clothes at all. I can cross stitch and follow simple patterns but when it comes to using a sewing machine or making clothes from scratch I have absolutely no idea. So I left it to Naomi to draw up a design using the fabric we picked and she came up with THIS.


Yup- she can draw, sew AND she's pretty. Not fair.

Naomi got on with making the underskirt and undershirt and I got to busy myself with simple tasks like cutting fabric & ironing on rhinestones (both of which I managed to
mess up ^_^)  so I could feel like I was helping out a little bit.

Cutie underskirts. The lace had little bows on.

Check out how wonky and uneven my rhinestones are!
Luckily Naomi was skilled enough to make
something out of it.

I did redeem myself on her headpiece, though!
I hand stitched the edge and sewed on the flowers
and random Care Bear charm. WITHOUT INCIDENT.

And while I was doing that Naomi SOMEHOW made
this dress appear. ISN'T IT AMAZING!?

I absolutely adore Blythe. I used to have 14 in my collection but sadly I fell on some hard times and had to sell half of my girls. I know they all went to lovely homes though & I made a few good Blythey chums from buying and selling which is lovely. I am now down to 7 but reassure myself that once I have the funds again I'll be able to buy the other girls back. 

 
My family (L-R)
Pika Pika, Suzie T. Tyranosaur, Gaston, Marjorie Mink,
Princess Piranha, Puddleglum & Bo Buttons.

I'm also lucky to own some Junie Moon exclusive books.
The larger one is full of photographs of Blythes customised to look like anime characters, plus customs by famousdesigners. The smaller book is full of pictures & really cute interviews with Blythe collecters about their love of Blythe. AND it's in English.


Lower left- Blythe custom by Baby The Stars Shine Bright
Lower right- Blythe custom by Alice and the Pirates

Cute Blythe owners and their dolls.

I'm always happy to meet new Blythe friends so feel free to drop me a message if you're a collector or just someone who thinks Blythe's are cute!

 photo tumblr_inline_mi7t7joonW1qdlkyg_zps85c6839e.gif

I had so much fun making clothes with Naomi & really think I'll do it again sometime soon. I am so jealous of her dress making skills. I'm seriously thinking about taking a sewing class so I can make beautiful things- for my dolls and myself. Like, how cool would it be to just whip up the EXACT dress you wanted? Plus I have a load of patterns kicking around in old issues of the Gothic Lolita Bible and some of them are just divine.

Right I'm out for the evening as I have a fourteen hour working day tomorrow. SERIOUSLY. It's savage, isn't it? It's not even overtime or anything- I'm just clawing back the hours I took off sick with my ear problems a few weeks ago.  UGH.

SEE YOU SOON, GUYS!
Annabell xxx



OUTFIT
Cat dress- H&M
Bow- Miss Selfridge
Tights- eBay
Wig- www.lockshopwigs.com

Blythe Dolls can be purchased in the UK from eBay. Make sure you read the feedback and only buy from reliable sellers as there are a lot of fake dolls out there. Do your research on prices too as a lot of people overcharge, but also be aware that new dolls very rarely sell for under £90. If there is a particular doll that seems a bit TOO cheap, chances are she's probably a fake or factory doll.


 photo kaos-cactus03.gif

1 comment:

  1. Waaaaaa! I love your blog so much, Annabell! This is kittenknickers from IG by the way hehe. I just read through all the posts I'd missed and I love it and I love you and I wish my life was even a little bit pretty and magical so I could start a blog too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete