Translate

Thursday 15 August 2013

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS 2- WIGS.

So today I woke up with a stress induced migraine due to my busy working schedule. I suffer from aura migraines which cause me to partially lose vision, become sensitive to sound & get numbness in my fingers. I had to call in sick to the salon & cancel on clients which stressed me out EVEN MORE & I ended up getting really down about illness & work & life & lack of money. photo tumblr_m7et3zzLh01qb1380_zpsa5257951.gif As I suffer from depression it usually takes a bit of a kick to snap me out of a funk & my friend Maria told me that although I was staying at home I had to put on my cutest lounging wear, do my make up & put on a pretty wig instead of moping around unwashed in my jammies. Indulging my depression tends to lead to me taking more time off & feeling worse about myself, but it can be so hard to shake. Today, however, I DID AS MARIA COMMANDED. And I felt better!


And because I did my makeup & had nowhere to go I decided it would be the perfect time to blog about my wigs! This is MUCH more fun than lying around thinking about all the ways I have failed in life. YIPEE!

I buy all my wigs online & I have never paid more than £30 for one. It is pretty easy to make a cheap wig look nice. All I do when I first get a new wig is spray it with dry shampoo, and then take it to the hairdressers to get it styled. 
            photo tumblr_luizfivICc1ql1l0v_zps7b677cdc.gif photo tumblr_luizfivICc1ql1l0v_zps7b677cdc.gif

The following wigs are all from gothic lolita wigs To be honest, I feel the wigs on this site are a little overpriced for the quality. The long wigs tangle really easily & are difficult to comb out again. The straight hair wigs I've bought from there in the past have been pretty much ruined after a couple of months. These guys, however, have been FINE.


The blonde kitty ear wig comes with foam inside it to support the 'ears'. However, the hair is held over the foam with two really obvious black hair grips WHICH YOU MUST NEVER REMOVE because all the hair comes away & you're left with two foamy lumps on your head. I got my hairdresser to restyle them for me, but I found it quite difficult to do on my own. But I AM pretty rubbish with hair. photo tumblr_inline_mpl4nwjFcO1qz4rgp_zps77bfc153.gif


I get so many compliments on this wig from strangers when I wear it out to the shops. I didn't have to style it when it arrived which was fab. Its really poofy & easy to look after. I do think it looks a bit silly unless its all swept over to one side, but that's just my humble opinion (which happens to be entirely correct.) 


This is another one that didn't need styling ^_^ I love shorter wigs as they are so easy to wear & look after. This is a platinum white baby-doll style which looks completely impossible to pull off on the website, but actually looks super cute in real life. I usually wear it with a hat to squish the curls down a little, and I always get people ask how I style my hair in that way. IDIOTS.

The site I prefer to buy my wigs from is lock shop. I find the wigs are a better quality than gothic lolita & don't tangle quite so easily. I have another two from here that aren't pictured as I loaned them out to friends for fancy dress ^_^.




This long straight wig is dip-dyed red at the ends. It is by miles THE BEST long wig I have ever owned. It brushes out easily when it tangles, it doesn't get knotted in the wind & it's really comfortable to wear. I have taken a mirror shot so you can see how long it is, and a close up so you can see how natural it looks. I bought the My Melody cooling eye mask from eBay.


I also have this fluffy crimped wig in brown, but I got the fringe cut straight & didn't like it anymore >:( This style looks soooo much better with a diagonal fringe.  I also needed to get a little volume cut out of the back as it was a bit too thick. This is another really easy style to maintain but I tend to wear it more in the winter when I can tame the puff with a beanie hat or hood x

The rest of the wigs are from eBay sellers. eBay is a great place to buy wigs cheap, but it can be risky as the quality is so different from seller to seller. 


I genuinely can't remember which seller I bought this wig from (SORRY SELLER!!) but it is my absolute FAVOURITE. The style suits me, the fit is REALLY comfortable & the wig isn't too thick so I can still wear hats & hair bands comfortably over the top. This is the style I tend to wear to work the most & also when I'm travelling as it doesn't tangle & is really lightweight. I have had it for a few months & wear it a lot so it's been washed a few times but still looks in good condition. I LOVE YOU, TWO TONE WIG.


These are two boy-style wigs I bought from coscraft on eBay. They are fantastic! I loved the styles as they were so I haven't had them cut at all, but again they are so lightweight & natural looking that I can wear them anywhere without worrying about tangling. Some shorter styles I've owned have been way too thick & have needed so much styling so I will definitely buy more wigs from this seller. My diamanté bear ears are from Topshop, my ear-hat is from eBay and my grey circle lenses are Geo Xtra Bella Grey  from candylens.

So there's a run down for you of the wigs I love the most. With some hair accessories thrown in too. If you have any wig questions, or wig recommendations for me, feel free to ask away! 

Wig blogging has definitely taken my mind off how shitty I felt earlier. Hooray!

Lots of love,

Annabell xxx

OUTFIT-
Leopard print mouse ears from Tokyo Disney
Tshirt dress from Primark
Tights from fashion09jj on eBay
Necklace from www.topshop.co.uk

 photo kaos-cactus03.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment